Middle East Credit Rating Agency LLC (MERatings) takes the protection of your information very seriously. This policy relates to how we protect information that is collected from you when you use our services, including when visiting our websites or kiosks. This policy describes categories of information we collect, how we use the information and with whom the information may be shared.
Usage of your information
We use information we collect when you register for our services to provide and improve our services and to notify you about changes to them. When you access our websites and electronic services, we use the information we collect about you to:
- administer our websites and services, including for troubleshooting and testing purposes;
- improve the manner in which the services and content are presented to you;
- enable you to participate in interactive features of our services; and
- help keep our websites safe and secure.
- To achieve these purposes, we may need to organize, alter and adapt your information.
We will not retain your information for longer than necessary to achieve these purposes, unless we are under a duty to retain your information in order to comply with law.
Storage of your information
Unless prohibited by law, we may store your information on servers and other records within Qatar or at locations outside Qatar, which may be maintained by us.
Protection of your information
We have a legal obligation to take appropriate measures to protect your information against accidental and unlawful loss, destruction, alteration, disclosure, access or use. To the extent required by law, we will inform you if your information is affected by a breach of our security measures.
Disclosing your information
We may share your information with:
- Our affiliates and suppliers where necessary or helpful to provide our services to you;
- External fraud prevention agencies to check the information provided by you;
- External credit reference agencies to help us make decisions about how we provide certain services; and
- We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we sell or buy any business or sell assets, in which case we may disclose your information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- If we MERatings all or part of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Third party websites
Our websites may contain links to the websites of third parties and third-party websites may establish links to our websites. These websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
You have rights to access certain information we hold about you under Law No. 13 of 2016 on the protection of personal data. To exercise your rights under the law or if you have any questions about how we protect privacy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Information about us
Middle East Credit Rating Agency LLC , a limited liability company licensed by the Qatar Financial Centre (the “QFC”) with its registered office located at Tornado Tower, West Bay 22nd floor, P.O. Box 27774, Doha, State of Qatar, is a Controller for the purposes of Law No. 13 of 2016 on the protection of personal data.